Having a small business of your own is hard enough to keep track since you have many hats to fill in such as doing your own accounting and marketing your business to everyone. But then, there are people who are currently working as a employee and would love to get into their own business but have no idea on how to start one up as well as information that they are looking for. There are some online resources that anyone can read up on in order to get educated about having your own small business whether it is at home or not.
1. SBA (Small Business Administration) SBA.gov= A company that are all over the United States that helps small business owners with funding and any other areas that they need help with such as marketing and tax purposes. Everyone who owns their own small business knows about this company since they have been around.
2. SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives) SCORE.org= Some of these volunteers were once business owners and they give out some free materials on how to get started as well as funding which is basically what SBA also offers. But the thing with this is that they also have classes that you can take which does costs money. The alternative is to book a appointment to meet up with one where it is free and you get away with some free materials in the process.
3. SBRN (Small Business Resource Network) SBRN.org= You would be able to subscribe to the newsletters in order to get tips and tricks about starting your own business and listings about other businesses to get into or just to contact. You have the option to ask questions about small business at the site for free. They even state that they created over 3,000 jobs. Worth checking out even if someone you know needs one.
4. Biznik Biznik.com= A social networking site which you can network in person. The purpose is to get together with other small business owners in the local area and they are in big cities such as Seattle, San Diego, Los Angeles and Austin for a few examples. Some of these small business owners also have articles that anyone can read about for small business purposes. They always have some events going on in each city and if you love to meet other people that owns one, it is a good way to try to get customers as well. You never know whom you will meet in person if you attend one of them. The company was started by a Seattle couple and have been widespread ever since then.
5. All Business allbusiness.com= They have different articles which ranges from starting your own to franchising and selling your business. There are even articles about women that are going back to the workforce as well as women and minorities that are business owners.
6. Ladies Who Launch ladieswholaunch.com= A site that is dedicated to women business owners that wants to get together and celebrate the idea that as a women we can be business owners. If you are one, then it’s a great way to network with other ladies whom you might want to have as your mentor or get some advice about different topics. You can register and get started on networking. There is the webinar, classifieds, and directory sections.
7. Accion USA accionusa.org= A company that loans small business funds to women and minority peopleThey even stated that over 40% of the clients are women so women are encouraged to be business owners themselves.
All of these sites should give you the motivation to go after the kind of business that you want. No matter where you are now, there are always resources that you can always check out online that could help you whether to get started, how to decide what kind of business to get into as well as finding someone in a certain field that you might be interested doing before getting into one.